10.12.2010

DIY: Fortune Plants

I save everything. Well not everything, but most things that I think will come in handy at some later time for arts, crafts, and especially DIY projects. Just recently I cleaned out my wallet to find a handful of fortunes from fortune cookies (NOTE! Eating a lot of Chinese food is likely not good on the waistline)....my creative juices start flowing......and a light bulb goes off:

DIY FORTUNE PLANTS!

What does this even mean you ask? Well this was my brilliant plan. 
  • Bury the fortunes in plant dirt, about 1/4 inch deep.
  • At time of watering, fortune will reappear!
  • A buddha-like fortune 3-7 days a week without the calories! 


As you can see I also add collected shells and coral, and a few coffee stirrers from a cafe in Paris. House plants are so passe' otherwise!

If you dont have any fortunes lying around, you can always order a pound for only $5.

Fortune plants make excellent house warming, birthday and wedding gifts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment