10.20.2010

She has that "JeNeSeQua": Rachel McAdams



I was elated to see Rachel McAdams on the cover of the Instyle Magazine November Issue. The spread is even more fabulous - from her Valetino show-stopping gown to her 60's inspired Mui Mui SS11 dress and shoes and the dramatic cat eye seen on Kate Moss and Carey Mulligan. The look screams Modern Starlet with a dash of Old Hollywood glam. My girl crush began when I saw Rachel on the big screen in The Notebook (still my favorite movie of all time) but she has evolved in my heart as a woman with style, grace, and good taste in men! (Ryan Gosling? Josh Lucas?) Tres chic Rachel and Instyle! 

*photos courtesy of www.rachelmcadams.org*

3 comments:

  1. Another reason to adore you! We share a girl-crush. I too have been long-smitten with Rachel McAdams.

    Any chance you can figure out what lipstick color she prefers? :) She frequently has classic pink lips... not bubble-gum, or berry or Barbie... just super pretty, classy pink. Love it, but can't duplicate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me ask 2 of my favorite makeup artists and get back to you, however, in the meantime I can tell you this:

    Her makeup arTIST is her sister. She cant live without Burts Bees Lip Balm, and Chanel makeup.

    Have you seen this tutorial? About 2:59 mins in she shows a lipstick from Benefit called My treat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEH6hppJ9pk

    One of my FAVS is the Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle. This looks like a Rachel color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lipstick color tips!! I've finally had to accept that Mademoiselle doesn't work for my coloring... makes me look like a corpse. But it looks BEAUTIFUL on blondes and fairer ladies.

    But I did finally have luck with the lipstick!! Italian Rose (warmer) and Blue Raspberry (cooler) by Bobbi Brown are exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete