11.12.2010

In Everything

Give Thanks
photo here
Celebrating 1 of the several Thanksgiving's this month - this weekend. And you heard it here first - I am cooking, and we are hosting my family from Idaho and Florida (by way of Illinois).

Besides being thankful for family - I am extremely thankful for the Decorista's post on: 
the "casual" setting
the "formal" setting.

Im opting for the casual setting for many reasons including space limitations (sitting 8 at a 6 person table) and not having all of the formal dining ware (Im getting really close!) Plus this family shindig will be more buffet style, in a classy way.

The first snapshot as a semi-set "casual table" for dinner tomorrow
Yes, I like gold - lots of it - and muted palettes for my table. One fun fact: the china and silver was my grandmothers, and my mother used to eat off of it as a child. I use it for my everyday (handwash of course!)  - it makes me feel like Im continuing tradition and that a little piece of my family is with me.

Wonderful weekend wishes! 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! And I love the tradition of the china! I hope Thanksgiving (round 1) was tons of fun and filled with lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete