9.24.2010

Style Icon: In Remembrance...Carolyn Bessette Kennedy

photo courtesy of Bridalwavetv.com

In memory of the late JFK Jr and CBK - September 21st would be their 14th Wedding Anniversary. 
I cant think of a better way to remember one of the most memorable facets of 90's style than to write a small post in honor of her style and grace. 

I fell in love (obsessed) with CBK in college - not only, in due part to her classic-minimalistic style, but also because she hooked the man of my dreams (at the time - I got my JKF Jr!) I watched her every style move and to this day I am still mimicking her style in my own way. If in a jam - I ask myself What Would CBK do? Also What Would Jackie Do - her timeless and fashionable MIL!

My favorite looks:

Signature red lipstick, undone blonde hair, little to no eye makeup and white sheath. 
photo courtesy of InsideEdition.com
Literally zero makeup, hair pulled back - and one of her signature coats. (Cat is so in now!)
Photo courtesy of CarolynBessetteKennedy.blogspot.com
Signature Prada coat, black beanie (which at the time I remember her getting flack from tabloids from!)
photo courtesy of rollergirl.com

Signature red lipstick, signature all black ensemble and her signature man. 
photo courtesy of CarolynBessetteKennedy.blogspot.com
The most undone of all is her best.
photo courtesy of CarolynBessetteKennedy.blogspot.com
Special thanks to the blogger behind Carolyn Bessette Kennedy and for archiving such amazing photos, editorials and facts about CBK. 

Her style lives on in many of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment